Volunteer at Out on a Limb
As a 501(c)(3) non-profit arts organization, we depend on the generosity of our volunteers to help us reach our goals and fulfill our mission. We simply couldn’t do what we do without these amazing people and their willingness to share their talents with us. There are many ways to get involved and make a difference.
It takes a lot of people and a lot of love to bring our productions to life. Volunteering in our costume/prop shop is a fun way to work behind the scenes and help us create a beautiful product. Ways to volunteer:
- Costuming: Any level of experience is appreciated! Help with sewing, cutting, doing fittings, etc.
- Sets and Props: If you're handy with tools or a paintbrush, consider sharing your skills.
- Logistics and Transportation: Help fashion perfect performance space and get us there.
Front Desk Greeter
Be the face for Out on a Limb! Greet students and families as they arrive for class, answer questions, help fit shoes, take tuition payments, and take phone calls as necessary.
Be on a Committee
Out on a Limb organizes events and does its own promotions throughout the year. Be a part of the excitement and join a committee!
- Marketing Committee: Responsible for the promotion of OOAL events and productions, including advertising, preview events, media relations, etc.
- Outreach Committee: Responsible for the development of our community outreach programs, including student ticketing, coordination of free-to-the-public performances and classes, in-school workshops, etc.
- Soiree Benefit: Responsible for the planning and execution of our annual benefit held in May. There are various sub-committees, including marketing and advertising, solicitation (collecting of silent auction items), set-up and decoration, etc.
- Facilities: Keep our space looking its best! These volunteers help with cleaning, organizing, maintenance and improvements.
- Feed a dance: Provide healthy meals to our dancers during long rehearsals.
- Style Pile: Help plan our twice annual fashion exchange.